Friday, November 5, 2010

Prendo un cappuccino con...


"It is merely the world that is chaotic, bringing changes to us all that nobody could have anticipated."-Eat Pray Love by Liz Gilbert

Before I get into anything else, I should point out that I am not going to Italy to find myself. While I may have quoted her to begin my blog, this is not--I repeat--this is not some sort of Liz Gilbert escape to eat, pray, and love: This isn't a search for the perfect slice of pizza--I have had that before, in Naples in 2008; it's not a desperate attempt to leave some man behind who broke my heart--I am only 22 and I've got a lot of heart break to go through before I even think of escaping from it; and I might pray a lot since the Pope will be my neighbor, but it's certainly not my purpose of going to Italy. So if pizza, prayer, and love are out, what is left?

That is simple. I'll start my days similar to the way I start my days in America...I'll start my days with a cup of coffee, but it won't just be any cup of coffee. No, I won't just take an espresso shot. No, too simple. Each and every day that I am in Italy, I will
partake in foamy fantasticness. I will drown in delightful dolce (sweetness), and I will smile with each sip.

It's simple...Oggi tanti prendo un cappuccino...Each day I'll take a cappuccino. And on the most extraordinary of days, I'll share those cups of cappuccino with you...

Won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment