Saturday, January 1, 2011

Risoluzioni di Cappuccini (Resolutions of Cappuccinos)

Last week, my cappuccino decided it was time to write Santa a letter. This week my cappuccino feels it completely necessary to make some resolutions.

1. As the cappuccino of the world I resolve to always have foam so inviting that you will want to bathe in it.
2. As the cappuccino of the world I resolve to be drinkable after 10 (cause I promise Italians, I am good at all times of the day! EVEN after dinner!)
3. As the cappuccino of the world I resolve to always offer a handle to hold.
4. As the cappuccino of the world I resolve to be the perfect companion to a sad soul. I know some days my foam isn't always foamy, and my espresso isn't always strong enough, but I vow to at least try and be better on these days.
5. As the cappuccino of the world I resolve to continue being the best damn thing to ever hit Rome. Rome may not have been built in a day, but I am positive that I am the one and only thing that truly kept them going through all of those days that it took to build it.

Happy New Year!

P.S. I did drink that cappuccino literally an hour into the new year...and yes. I loved ever second of it. Here's my resolution to my cappuccino : To continue drinking you until the moment my foot hits the first step on the plane back to America. I am not abandoning you yet cappuccino...Not in the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment